The mathematics department at San Francisco State University hosted the following events:
- The Einstein Lectures, featuring Jim Simons (video) (2014) and Benoit Mandelbrot (2009).
- The Pamela Fong Symposium, featuring Bin Yu (2013), Gunnar Carlson (2010), De Witt Sumners (2009), Richard Stanley (2008), Efim Zelmanov (2005).
- Fall Western Section Meeting of the American Mathematical Society. October 25-26, 2014.
- 22nd Bay Area Discrete Mathematics Day 2011.
- FPSAC: 22nd Annual International Conference on Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics. July, 2010.
- The International Workshop on Optimal Frames and Operator Theory. Jan 17 -19, 2010.
- The 1st San Francisco International Meeting on DNA Topology. April 22-26, 2009.
- Spring Western Section Meeting of the American Mathematical Society. April 25-26, 2009.