Introduction to Mathematical Computation
A minimum set of topics covered. Throughout the course we will illustrate application of software in typical undergraduate mathematical subjects such as calculus, probability, linear algebra, and number theory. Further, we will move to structural programming. We conclude the course by illustrating elements of contemporary platform independent language, java.
0. Basic commands in Mathematica.
1. Mathematica in Calculus (2 weeks in September)
2. Mathematica in Probability (2 weeks in September)
3. Mathematica and Linear Algebra (October 13-17)
4. Mathematica and Number Theory (October 19-26)
5. Mathematica and structural programming (3-4 weeks)
6. Introduction to java (1-2 weeks)